Monday 26 September 2011

Introducing ...... 'Modern Maud'

I thought I'd delay the suspense no longer and show you what I've been working on the past few weeks.

I've decided to sell a few things in my sister's hair/beauty salon in the run up to Christmas.  First up is 'Modern Maud':




zippered inner pocket
Maud was the name of my Grandmother, whose cast iron treadle Singer got me started sewing as a child (I didn't use an electric machine until I was 30!).

So I thought it fitting to name a bag after her.  I made this pattern last year, but have added a few wee extras, like a zippered pocket in the blue cord version, reinforced handles & base.

I've used some IKEA fabrics in these new bags, as well as wadding & some recycled materials (you know me!).  These 2 bags are spacious and sturdy and would make great shopping or book bags.

Hope you like them, and more importantly, I hope they sell!  

Next instalment of 'Introducing ...' tomorrow.  Have a wonderful start to your week.

20 comments:

  1. Good for you Jude! I love Maud and hope she sells really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very posh, they look really nice. I hope you sell loads. I have been planning making things to sell but not got round to in yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good J! Really well made. If I lived a tad closer I'd be tempted to go and visit them in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are fantastic, love that orange fabric with the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bags are awesome, Judith! I love the name (after your grandmother) and your personalized label, too. I hope they sell well :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely bag with great detailing. I love the name Maud even though it's not fashionable these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant bags Judith. And of course they will sell. Just make sure you charge enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judith these look great! I'm sure they will be really popular

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great adventure you're on!
    They'll sell for sure, Judith! I'd love to have one like that. I'm with Susan...charge well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure they'll sell, what a great opportunity! I love the name too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bags where do you sell them? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go! these are fab Judith, love the button details...bound to fly off the shelves :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great! I hope they sell well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them! And that Ikea fabric is obviously the fabric of the season for bags... :oD

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bags are beautiful! I am certain they will sell and your challenge will be in keeping up with the demand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous bags Judith, love them both! Your labels are perfect too :-) Cant wait for the rest of the introductions!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Modern Maud. She's so stylish and such a great size for all sorts of uses - may she sell well for you. I really like that stripey block fabric on the blue bag and the zippered pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I gasped when I saw the two bags - they're wonderful and the customers will be snapping your sister's hand off!! Please give the cord a stroke from me ;o) Good luck with your new venture - we're all wishing you lots of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely and the big button is really great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo